TACTYC Transfer Accounting Student Scholarship (transferring from a two year to four year college)
Open Date: Nov 01, 2020
Close Date: Mar 01, 2021
Applications for the 2021-22 scholarship period will open November 1, 2020.
Teachers of Accounting at Two Year Colleges (TACTYC) is pleased to announce that multiple scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each will be awarded to two-year college graduating students that are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting at a four-year college during the 2021-22 academic year. Scholarship awards must be used during the 2021-22 academic year or be forfeited.
Teachers of Accounting at Two Year Colleges was founded in 1974 by a group of innovative educators from the New York area. Since its creation, TACTYC’s primary objective has been and continues to be the advancement of accounting education.
An eligible applicant must be/have:
- Have completed at least 20 college semester credit hours, six of which must be in accounting by the END of spring 2021 semester
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on 4.0 scale
- Be currently attending a two-year college as a full-time or a part-time student with plans to transfer to a four-year institution (enrolling in at least 6 hours) in a Bachelors Degree program in accounting for the 2021-22 academic year
- Provide transcripts which verify requirements 1, 2, and 3. If transcript does not indicate courses in process for the spring 2021 semester, additional documentation must be provided. The transcripts may be an unofficial copy
- Have made a commitment to a career in accounting
- Provide a one-to-two page self-description which includes academic and professional goals
- Complete a one-to-two page essay answering the required question for the “Creative Sweets” case study
- Be recommended by an accounting faculty member. We will request recommendation letters from faculty member via email