Maryland Association of CPAs Educational Foundation
Sponsor: The Educational Foundation of the Maryland Association of CPAs
Open Date: Jan 01, 2021
Close Date: Apr 15, 2021
Award amounts are based on need and student achievement. Awards are made for one year and may be renewed. Renewals are given first priority. Recipients will be notified of their award by August 1. Awards are disbursed semiannually following confirmation of continuing eligibility.
MACPA’s Scholarship Committee, in its sole discretion, may alter, deviate from or amend the guidelines listed above in the best interest of the scholarship program.
The MACPA Educational Foundation provides scholarships to students who are majoring in Accounting at a Maryland college or university and committed to pursuing a career as a CPA.
To qualify for this scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen and Maryland resident attending a Maryland college or university.
- Complete at least 60 total credit hours by the time of the award of which at least 6 hours of credit are in accounting courses (including Accounting Principles I and II) at the time of the award and enroll in or successfully complete Intermediate Accounting.
- Be taking enough undergraduate level courses or graduate level courses during the semester in which the application is submitted to qualify as a full-time student at your school, and continue at this level with appropriate courses for the 150-hour requirement and eligibility for sitting for the CPA exam in Maryland.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA through completion of 150 credit hours.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Demonstrate commitment to pursuing a career as a CPA by joining MACPA as a student member.
MACPA Educational Foundation901 Dulaney Valley Road; Suite 800
Towson, MD 21204