Illinois CPA Society Accounting Scholarship Program
Amount: Up to $4,000
Sponsor: Illinois CPA Society/ Foundation
Open Date: Feb 01, 2019
Close Date: Apr 01, 2019
Accounting Textbook & Tuition Scholarships
These scholarships recognize accounting students who demonstrate strong academic performance, leadership qualities, and financial need.
Herman J. Neal Accounting Tuition Scholarships
This scholarship, awarded to African-American accounting students, was established in honor of the late Dr. Herman J. Neal, a distinguished Chicago physician, to memorialize his strong commitment to opening doors of opportunity and education for African-Americans.
Jovencio P. and Violeta R. Mangahas Accounting Scholarship Fund
This Fund was established in honor of Drs. Jovencio and Violeta Mangahas, who emigrated from the Philippines to the U.S. to raise their family and practice medicine. The generosity of others helped contribute to their success and now they are paying it forward. This Fund demonstrates their strong commitment to opening doors of opportunity and education for students.
Women's Executive Committee Advancing Women in Accounting Scholarships
This Fund was established to create advancement opportunities for women in the CPA profession in Illinois. The scholarship recognizes outstanding female accounting students who demonstrate leadership potential.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident and be an Illinois resident.
• Be enrolled in an Illinois college or university.
• Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 or equivalent.
• Plan to sit for the CPA exam in Illinois within three years of application date and demonstrate progress in a course of study in accounting.
• Demonstrate achievement and financial need.
• Be a senior or graduate student for the upcoming academic year (exception: juniors are eligible to apply for the Herman J. Neal Scholarship).
Please contact Elizabeth Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.