AICPA Foundation Scholarship for Future CPAs
Amount: $3,000 - $10,000
Number of Recipients: 25
Sponsor: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Open Date: Dec 01, 2021
Close Date: Mar 01, 2022
Close Time: 11:59 p.m.
The AICPA Foundation Scholarship for Future CPAs is part of the AICPA Legacy Scholarships. Students interested in being considered for more than one AICPA Legacy Scholarship need to complete only one application — applicants will be evaluated for all awards for which they are eligible in the program.
This award provides financial assistance to outstanding students to encourage their pursuit of accounting as a major and their ultimate entry into the profession.
Scholarship payments are sent directly to the student’s financial aid office to be used towards payment of tuition and expenses directly related to obtaining a degree. This award is non-renewable and past recipients may not re-apply.
This award was established to support undergraduate or graduate students interested in pursuing the CPA license after graduation.
An eligible applicant must be/have:
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate-level degree in accounting or an accounting-related major. (Accounting-related shall be as determined by Sponsors in Sponsors’ sole discretion.)
- Planning to pursue the CPA licensure but not presently be a CPA.
- Completed at least 30 semester hours (or equivalent) of college coursework, including at least 6 semester hours (or equivalent) in accounting, by end of spring 2022.
- Maintaining an overall and major GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate (12 semester hours or equivalent per semester) or a full-time graduate-level student (9 semester hours or equivalent per semester) for the full 2022-23 academic year; fall 2022 and spring 2023. (Note: Part-time students (at least 6 semester hours or equivalent per semester) currently employed to meet the CPA license work experience requirement are encouraged to apply. Letter of employment is required along with a letter of recommendation from accounting professor)
- An AICPA Student Affiliate member (or have submitted a new member application). Apply online at no cost: www.thiswaytocpa.com/join-aicpa.
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).
- Some financial need (i.e., not receiving a full or partial scholarship(s) and/or grant(s) that together cover and/or exceed one’s educational expenses).
- Enrolled in a business and/or accounting program that is regionally, nationally or internationally accredited for the full 2022-23 academic year. The program must be accepted by the state board of accountancy as meeting the educational requirements necessary for CPA licensure in the state you intend to become licensed OR in the state where your program is located.
- Please visit ThisWayToCPA’s State & Territory Requirements or contact your state board of accountancy to confirm if your program meets the educational requirements necessary for CPA licensure.
- Willingness to remain engaged with the AICPA and to provide feedback for the development of this and other programs by the Association.
Note: AICPA, CIMA and their family members are not eligible to receive this scholarship.