Future CPA Career Exploration Summit
Number of Recipients: 60
Sponsor: The Center for Audit Quality, the North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University, and the AICPA
Open Date: Aug 26, 2019
Close Date: Oct 04, 2019
Underrepresented minority undergraduate freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior students who are interested in accounting careers are invited to apply to the Future CPA Career Exploration Summit. The first of Summits that will occur will be hosted on the campus of North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University on Friday, November 8-Saturday, November 9, 2019.
The Future CPA Career Exploration Summit is a two-day event that aims to strengthen students’ professional skills and understanding of the limitless possibilities and benefits of earning the CPA credential. The Summit will serve three objectives:
• Encourage underrepresented students in undergraduate accounting programs to pursue CPA certification.
• To provide professional development and a support network that will help ensure the success of underrepresented students as they pursue CPA certification.
• To connect underrepresented students with potential employers that may not recruit at their home universities.
Students eligible to apply must be an underrepresented minority enrolled as an undergraduate at one of the following institutions:
- Allen University
- Benedict College
- Claflin University
- Elizabeth City State University
- Fayetteville State University
- Hampton University
- Morris College
- Norfolk State University
- North Carolina A & T University
- North Carolina Central University
- South Carolina State University
- St. Augustine's
- Virginia Union University
- Virginia State University
- Voorhees College
- Winston Salem State University