AICPA Fellowship for Minority Doctoral Students
Number of Recipients: 25
Sponsor: AICPA Foundation
Open Date: Mar 01, 2023
Close Date: May 31, 2023
Close Time: 11:59 p.m.
The AICPA is the national professional organization for certified public accountants. In addition to the many services offered to members, the AICPA offers scholarship opportunities to accounting majors.
The AICPA Fellowship for Minority Doctoral Students ensures that CPAs of diverse backgrounds are visible in college and university classrooms. The program's goal is to increase the number of minority CPAs who serve as role models and mentors to young people in the academic environment. The AICPA Foundation awards annual fellowships of $12,000 to full-time minority accounting Ph.D. scholars who demonstrate significant potential to become accounting educators.
Eligible applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applied to an AACSB, ACBSP or IACBE accredited, full-time Ph.D. program and awaiting word on acceptance; b) been accepted into an accredited, full-time Ph.D. program; or c) already matriculated in an accredited, full-time Ph.D. program and pursuing appropriate coursework. (Fellowships will be awarded to only those who are admitted and attend traditional, residential, full-time doctoral programs in accounting at universities accredited by the AACSB, ACBSP and IACBE). Part-time or online Ph.D.; full-time, part-time or online DBA; and full-time, part-time or online executive doctoral programs will not be considered for funding.
- Earned a Master’s degree or completed at least 3 years of full-time experience in the accounting profession
- Minority student of Black or African American; Hispanic or Latino; Native American or Alaska Native; Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander ethnicity
- Attend school on a full-time basis and plan to remain enrolled full-time until attainment of Ph.D. degree
- Agree not to work full-time in a paid position or accept responsibility for teaching more than one course per semester as a teaching assistant, or dedicate more than one quarter of your time as a research assistant
- The AICPA Foundation prefers its Minority Fellows to teach only one course, but if you are required to teach more than one, please contact us for an understanding of how this may impact your Fellowship.
- CPA or plan to pursue CPA licensure
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org