CPA Evolution Resource Competition (CERC)
Amount: $300 - $1,500
Open Date: Aug 06, 2021
Open Time: 6 a.m.
Close Date: Oct 31, 2021
Close Time: 11:59 p.m.
Award Date: Dec. 1, 2021
The AICPA recognizes faculty as champions of education and inspirers for thousands of college students. CPA Evolution is a reflection of the skills required of newly licensed CPAs in the workplace. This competition seeks to promote the development of teaching resources for the new topics and learning objectives outlined in the CPA Evolution Model Curriculum.
We are inviting faculty to submit their original teaching cases, exercises, or other instructional materials to AICPA to be considered for a CERC award.
Entries may be submitted by an individual or a group. Previous AICPA award submissions are not eligible.
Accounting educators can submit their proprietary, un-replicated, self-authored accounting course teaching techniques for the opportunity to earn an award. Use the application to apply for one or both categories:
- Long case/exercise: students will need more than 1 hour to complete.
- Short case/exercise: students will be able to complete in less than 50 minutes.
In order to be eligible for consideration, you must submit all materials electronically by October 31, 2021, at 11:59 PM.
Winning submissions will be awarded as follows:
Submission materials may not be commercial products. Faculty member must own the copyright for the submission. Materials can be designed for introductory, upper-level, or graduate accounting courses.
Each submission should include:
- Abstract: 100 to 150 words
- Keywords: three to six keywords for the teaching resource
- Intended course(s) and audience
- Suggested solution
- Strategies for using the resource in teaching
- Attestation that the case has not been published, accepted, or is under review elsewhere
- If based on a real company or clearance is required, evidence that the case has been cleared for publication with the company
- Learning objectives mapped to CPA Evolution Model Curriculum
- A detailed description of the case/activity and solution set
- Rubric or assessment instrument, if applicable
As we are trying to close gaps in teaching resources related to CPA Evolution, submitted cases and assignments should include learning objectives that align with one or more of the following fifty topics of the CPA Evolution Model Curriculum.
Accounting and Data Analytics Core
Module 8: Financial Data Analytics
Module 9: Digital Acumen
Audit and Accounting Information Systems Core
Module 15: Digital Acumen
Module 12: Technology and Digital Acumen
Business Analysis and Reporting Discipline
Module 10: Advanced Data Analytics
Information Systems and Controls Discipline
Module 1: IT Governance and Risk Assessment
Module 2: Performing Procedures, Tests of Internal Controls
Module 3: SOC Engagements
Module 5: Information Security and Protection of Information Assets
Tax Compliance and Planning Discipline
Module 1: Individual Tax Fundamentals and Tax Planning
Module 3: Tax Accounting Methods
Module 4: Federal Taxation of Entities
Module 8: Tax Planning for Entities
Module 12: Technology
Module 13: Tax Research
Module 14: Personal Financial Advisory Services
Processes and Procedures
- Apply for the CPA Evolution Resource Competition by uploading your original submission via the "Apply Here" link above.
- Select on the application the award category you would like to be considered for.
- Winners will be selected and notified by December 1, 2021.
The winners and honorable mention recipient(s), for each award category will be asked to present their cases during a Faculty Hour webcast. Winning submissions and related materials will be available for free download to faculty through the Academic Resource Database.Winners will receive a certificate and applicable monetary award after they present their winning submissions at the Faculty Hour webcast.