AICPA Foundation CPA Exam Scholarship
Amount: Up to $1,500
Sponsor: AICPA Foundation
Open Date: Jun 01, 2020
Close Date: Aug 31, 2020
Close Time: midnight
The application deadline was extended until August 31, 2020
This scholarship was created to assist students and CPA candidates with some of the costs associated with taking the CPA Exam.
At least 50 extraordinary applicants will be paid up to $1,500 in a lump sum to reimburse for exam fees and CPA exam preparatory courses.
Applicants must provide a copy of Notice to Schedule (NTS) for at least one section of the CPA Exam and a copy of the receipt for payment of exam application fees. For reimbursement of CPA Exam preparatory courses/materials, applicants must provide proof of purchase with their application. Some recipients may be awarded less than the full amount of this scholarship.
This scholarship does not intend to reimburse tuition expenses and may be taxable by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
An eligible applicant must:
Be an AICPA Student Affiliate member or an AICPA CPA Exam Candidate Affiliate member (or have submitted a new member application). AICPA Student Affiliate membership is free. A promotional code is available within the scholarship application to waive fees for the first year of AICPA CPA Exam Candidate Affiliate membership.
Be planning to pursue CPA licensure but not currently be a CPA.
Be approved to test by NASBA or your State Board of Accountancy and agree to sit for at least one part of the exam within nine months of the date on the application approval letter.
Not have already completed all four parts of the exam (may have completed up to three parts).
Have some financial need (i.e., not receiving any scholarship, grant, or employer reimbursement that would cover exam costs or preparatory courses).
Recipients may be current or prior AICPA Legacy Scholarship recipients.
Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).
- A copy of a Notice to Schedule (NTS) AND a copy of your receipt for payment of exam application fees.
- If applicable, receipts of paid exam preparatory courses for reimbursement (no more than $1,500 will be reimbursed to selected recipients for exam fees and or exam preparatory courses).
- Unofficial or official-student-issued academic transcript(s) from your graduate and/or undergraduate degree where you met the 120 or 150 credit hours requirement; state dependent.
- A copy of your updated resume.
- A completed online application.
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: the Association staff and their family members are not eligible to receive this scholarship.