William (Bill) Ezzell Scholarship
Number of Recipients: 5
Sponsor: AICPA Foundation
Open Date: Dec 06, 2018
Open Time: 6 a.m.
Close Date: Mar 01, 2019
Close Time: 11:59 p.m.
Honoring William F. Ezzell, Jr.
Bill believed that the best way to encourage the next generation of CPAs was to put educators in the classroom with relevant and recent real-world experience. The AICPA Foundation created the William (Bill) Ezzell Scholarship to honor his passion and continue his legacy by providing financial assistance to CPAs pursuing their Ph.D.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- CPA required
- Have minimum three years of professional accounting experience, with a portion of that experience being within the last three years at the time of enrollment
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
- Earned an undergraduate or a master's degree in accounting
- Either a GMAT score of 650 or higher (must be less than 5 years old) or in good standing within current Ph.D. program
- Intend to teach and research at a U.S. AACSB accredited university upon graduation
- Have either:
- Applied to a full-time accounting Ph.D. program and awaiting word on acceptance
- Received acceptance into a full-time accounting Ph.D. program
- Matriculated in a full-time accounting doctoral program and pursuing appropriate coursework
NOTE: Association, AICPA and CIMA staff and their family members are not eligible to receive this scholarship.