2022 AICPA Foundation William (Bill) Ezzell Scholarship
Number of Recipients: 5
Sponsor: AICPA Foundation
Open Date: Dec 01, 2021
Open Time: 6 a.m.
Close Date: Mar 01, 2022
Close Time: 11:59 p.m.
Honoring William (Bill) F. Ezzell, Jr.
Bill believed that the best way to encourage the next generation of CPAs was to put educators in the classroom with relevant and recent real-world experience. The AICPA Foundation created the William (Bill) Ezzell Scholarship to honor his passion and continue his legacy by providing financial assistance to CPAs pursuing their Ph.D.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- CPA required
- Be registered as an accounting faculty member or professional on ThisWayToCPA.com
- Have minimum three years of professional accounting experience, with a portion of that experience being within the last three years at the time of enrollment (interships can be included as long as the work was accounting or finance related)
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
- Earned an undergraduate or a master's degree in accounting
- Have a GMAT score of 650 or higher or an equivalent GRE score (must be less than 5 years old)
- Be at least in the second year of and in good standing within current Ph.D. program
- Have either:
- Applied to a full-time accounting Ph.D. program and awaiting word on acceptance (award contingent upon program acceptance)
- Received acceptance into a full-time accounting Ph.D. program
- Matriculated in a full-time accounting doctoral program and pursuing appropriate coursework
- Intent to teach and research at a U.S. AACSB accredited university upon graduation, as indicated through a written essay
- Additional submission requirements can be found in the application’s first page.
NOTE: Association, AICPA and CIMA staff and their family members are not eligible to receive this scholarship.
For questions, contact us at: email@example.com