2020 ThisWayToCPA Student Video Competition
Record yourself answering one of five questions and you could win $500 cash.
Now Accepting Entries
Last year, we asked you to record your answer to one question: Why do you want to become a CPA? This year, we're letting you choose one of FIVE questions to answer:
- Who inspired you to become a CPA?
- What is an obstacle you have faced in your accounting journey and how have you overcome it?
- Provide an example about how a real CPA has made a positive impact.
- What is the most innovative or interesting thing that you have learned in an accounting course?
- Why do you want to become a CPA?
Pick a question and following the guidelines below for the opportunity to be one of five students to win $500 cash!Enter Now
How to Enter
Complete the competition entry form online and submit it along with your video. Entries must include:
- A video you create answering your choice of the five prompts above.
- A signed multimedia release form.
- If applicable a parental consent and multimedia release form (*see below).
Be creative; We want to see your passion for accounting and becoming a CPA. Video submissions MUST:
- Be two minutes or less;
- Answer one of the five prompts above;
- Be submitted in .mov or .mp4 format.
- Be in English
- Be no larger than 1 GB in file size
- Only include you (no other person may appear in your video without their permission)
- Not advertise any brand except for AICPA or ThisWayToCPA
Read the complete video requirements and helpful recording hints here.
You are eligible to enter if you are:
- At least 18 years old*;
- Enrolled at a 2- or 4-year college/university (part- or full-time) in the US or US territories;
- A permanent legal resident of one of the 50 US states, DC or US territories;
- An AICPA Student Affiliate Member (Not a member yet? You can join for free here.)
- *Participants under the age of 19 whose permanent address is in Alabama or Nebraska and participants under the age of 21 whose permanent address is in Puerto Rico are required to have consent from a parent or legal guardian.
Timeline and Judging
- Competition Entry: video submissions will be collected from 12:00 p.m. (noon) ET on September 8, 2020 to 2:59 p.m. ET on October 8, 2020.
- Finalists Selection Period: first round of judging will take place between 3:00 p.m. ET on October 8, 2020 and 2:59 p.m. ET on October 22, 2020.
- Public Voting Period: public votes will be collected between 3:00 p.m. ET on October 26, 2020 and 2:59 p.m. ET on November 2, 2020.
- Final Voting Period: final voting will occur between 3:00 p.m. ET on November 2, 2020 and ends at 2:59 p.m. ET on November 11, 2020.
- Winners announced: winners will be announced between 3:00 p.m. ET on November 12, 2020 and 2:59 p.m. ET on November 16, 2020.
Competition entries will be reviewed to ensure eligibility. Eligible submissions will be judged by a panel of experts and evaluated for content quality, memorability/creativity and audio/video clarity. The top 25 finalists will be selected and notified.
The 25 finalists’ videos will be posted online at ThisWayToCPA for the public voting period. The public (over the age of 13) can vote for the video submission they believe has the best content quality, memorability/creativity and audio/video clarity. The votes collected in the public voting period will be factored in during the winner selection.
A second panel of judges will evaluate the 25 finalists’ videos for content quality, memorability/creativity and audio/video clarity. These scores along with the public voting results will determine the five winning submissions.
Five winners will receive five hundred dollars (US $500).
All participants agree to accept and follow the official rules of the competition. Official Rules can be viewed here, or you can copy and paste this link into your browser:
Email us at email@example.com.