Why are you becoming a CPA?
Tell us, and you could be one of five students to win $500 cash.
Winners announced soon
Public voting ended at 2:59 pm ET on November 15, 2019.
How to Enter
Complete the competition entry form online and submit it along with your video. Entries must include:
- A video you create telling us why you want to be a CPA.
- A signed multimedia release form.
- If applicable a parental consent and multimedia release form (*see below).
Be creative; We want to see your passion for accounting and becoming a CPA. Video submissions MUST:
- Be 2 minutes or less;
- Explain why you want to become a CPA;
- Be submitted in .mov or .mp4 format.
- Be in English
- Be no larger than 1 GB in file size
- Only include you (no other person may appear in your video)
- Not advertise any brand except for AICPA or ThisWayToCPA
Read the complete video requirements and helpful recording hints here.
You are eligible to enter if you are:
- At least 18 years old*;
- Enrolled at a 2- or 4-year college/university (part- or full-time) in the US or US territories;
- A permanent legal resident of one of the 50 US states, DC or US territories;
- An AICPA Student Affiliate Member (Not a member yet? You can join for free here.)
- *Participants under the age of 19 whose permanent address is in Alabama or Nebraska and participants under the age of 21 whose permanent address is in Puerto Rico are required to have consent from a parent or legal guardian.
Timeline and Judging
- Competition Entry: video submissions will be collected from 12:00 p.m. (noon) ET on August 8, 2019 to 2:59 p.m. ET on September 30, 2019.
- Finalists Selection Period: first round of judging will take place between 3:00 p.m. ET on October 1, 2019 and 2:59 p.m. ET on October 15, 2019.
- Public Voting Period: public votes will be collected between 3:00 p.m. ET on November 1, 2019 and 2:59 p.m. ET on November 15, 2019.
- Final Voting Period: final voting will occur between 3:00 p.m. ET on November 15, 2019 and ends at 2:59 p.m. ET on December 2, 2019.
- Winners announced: winners will be announced between 3:00 p.m. ET on December 2, 2019 and 2:59 p.m. ET on December 16, 2019.
Competition entries will be reviewed to ensure eligibility. Eligible submissions will be judged by a panel of experts and evaluated for content quality, memorability/creativity and audio/video clarity. The top 25 finalists will be selected and notified.
The 25 finalists’ videos will be posted online at ThisWayToCPA for the public voting period. The public (over the age of 13) can vote for the video submission they believe has the best content quality, memorability/creativity and audio/video clarity. The votes collected in the public voting period will be factored in during the winner selection.
A second panel of judges will evaluate the 25 finalists’ videos for content quality, memorability/creativity and audio/video clarity. These scores along with the public voting results will determine the five winning submissions.
Five winners will receive five hundred dollars (US $500).
All participants agree to accept and follow the official rules of the competition. Official Rules can be viewed here, or you can copy and paste this link into your browser:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.