TACTYC 2-Year Accounting Student Scholarship
Open Date: Nov 01, 2017
Close Date: Mar 01, 2018
Applications for the 2018-19 scholarship period will open November 1, 2017.
Teachers of Accounting at Two Year Colleges (TACTYC) is pleased to announce multiple scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each will be awarded to students that are currently pursuing a two-year degree in Accounting at a community or technical college during the 2018-19 academic year. Scholarship awards must be used during the 2018-19 academic year or be forfeited.
Teachers of Accounting at Two Year Colleges was founded in 1974 by a group of innovative educators from the New York area. Since its creation, TACTYC’s primary objective has been and continues to be the advancement of accounting education.
An eligible applicant must be/have:
- Have completed at least 20 college semester credit hours, six of which must be in accounting by the END of spring 2018 semester
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be currently attending a two-year college as a full-time or a part-time student with plans to continue at a two-year college ( enrolling in at least 6 hours) with a major in accounting for the 2018-19 academic year
- Provide transcripts which verify requirements 1, 2, and 3. If transcript does not indicate courses in progress for the spring 2018 semester, additional document must be provided. Transcripts may be an unofficial copy.
- Have made a commitment to a career in accounting
- Provide a one to two page self-description which includes academic and professional goals
- Compose a one page business letter answering the required questions based on the guidelines at the end of the application
- Be recommended by an accounting faculty member. We will request recommendation letters from faculty member via email.