South Carolina Educational Fund, Inc.
Sponsor: South Carolina Association of CPAs
Open Date: Mar 05, 2018
Close Date: Jun 15, 2018
Close Time: 11:59 p.m.
Applications must be received complete with all attachments by May 31, 2018 in order to be considered. Awards are decided in July for the fall semester, and checks will be distributed by August 15, 2018 payable to the school. Scholarship recipients will be recognized at the SCACPA Fall Fest Accounting Conference in November 2018. Amounts of scholarships usually range from $500 to $2,500. The number to be awarded each year depends upon the qualifications of the applicants and available funds.
- Legal resident of South Carolina
- Rising junior or senior majoring in accounting (or Master’s Degree student) at a South Carolina college or university
- Full-time student
- At least one class in intermediate accounting or the equivalent
- GPA of no less than 3.25 overall
- GPA in accounting no less than 3.5
- College transcripts (Must be reconciled with transcripts from all institutions attended)
- List scholarships, awards, and/or grants with amounts of each for this academic year (Indicate if none, attach sheet if necessary)
- Two letters of reference (preferably professional, if available)
- Essay on your personal career goals in 250 words or less
- Certification from the Head of the Accounting School that you are an accounting major, or will be an accounting major, and that you are a rising junior, senior, or graduate student
- If transferring, letter of acceptance from new school
- A copy of your South Carolina drivers license or a South Carolina issued ID card