NABA RTP Chapter High School Program
Sponsor: NABA RTP Chapter
Open Date: Jan 06, 2019
Close Date: Mar 01, 2019
The National Association of Black Accountants, Inc. Research Triangle Park (RTP) Chapter is proud to offer local scholarships for high school students in the amount of $1,000, renewable for four years.
These scholarships will be presented at the Annual Scholarship Award Banquet to be held on April 26, 2019.
Scholarship awards will be paid directly to the scholarship recipient in two installments: $500 at the beginning of each semester based on satisfactory proof of enrollment and satisfaction of requirements as outlined below. Scholarship is renewable each year if requirements are met.
The NABA RTP Chapter High School Scholarship application should be submitted online. Completed scholarship applications include:
- Current, official Academic Transcript. You must request that your transcript or final report card be sent directly to the NABA RTP Chapter in a sealed envelope. We will not accept student copies or other unofficial transcripts. Transcripts must be received by March 15th, 2019. A sealed copy can be delivered upon proper arrangements.
- Current Resume
- Two Letters of Recommendation as completed by (two) faculty member
- Essay (500 words or less):Prepare a Biographical Statement & Personal Biography. Your biography should specifically discuss your career objectives, leadership positions and abilities, community activities, and your reason for wanting to pursue an Accounting Degree and how you plan to involve yourself in NABA. Please include your name, hometown, hobbies, other interest, and any other relevant information that would describe you in a paragraph or two.
If awarded, requirements for each of the next four years:
- Join NABA Student Chapter and remain a member. (If the college or university does not have a NABA chapter, student should join NABA as a student at large.)
- Attend a Historically Black College or University
- Attend the RTP Chapter scholarship awards event
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale for the 1st and 2nd semesters (freshman year) and a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale for each semester afterwards
- Meet with donor (RTP Chapter) and sponsor periodically to discuss academic progress
- Continue to major in accounting
- Provide a transcript of grades to the donor at the end of each semester
Eligible applicants must be:
- Incoming freshman, selected by the RTP Chapter, with a decided or declared major in accounting AND a GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale as of the application deadline date
- Incoming freshman MUST reside in RTP Chapter’s service area and attend a Historically Black College/ University anywhere in the United States
Reside outside of the RTP Chapter’s service area AND be accepted for admission to a Historically Black College/University in the RTP Chapter’s service area