LCPA Education Foundation Scholarships for Full-time, Undergraduate Accounting Majors
Amount: $500 - $2,000
Sponsor: Society of Louisiana CPAs
Open Date: Sep 01, 2018
Close Date: Nov 02, 2018
At least five scholarships are awarded to qualifying full-time, undergraduate accounting majors enrolled in a Louisiana university, with the intention of remaining in Louisiana upon graduation and pursing the CPA designation.
Scholarships are presented by the Louisiana CPAs Education Foundation and are based on contributions received from LCPA members and other donors, as well as five memorial scholarships. Scholarship amounts range from $500 to up to $2000. Scholarships are awarded in the spring to offset funding for the next semester at a Louisiana university.
An eligible applicant must be/have:
- Current Student Membership in the Society of Louisiana CPAs.
- Currently domiciled in Louisiana and enrolled full time in an undergraduate accounting program in a Louisiana four-year college or university when the application is filed (verification may be required)
- Intent on remaining in LA upon graduation and pursuing the CPA designation
- Successfully completed an intermediate accounting course and are a declared accounting major
- Academic achievement: 3.0 or better on a grading scale of 4.00 for accounting courses, and 2.5 overall
- Unofficial AND Official transcripts through the 2018 summer
- One-page essay, double-spaced, addressing the question provided
- Two reference letters: one from a current faculty member and the second from a licensed CPA or another person (nonrelative, non-educator) who can attest to your character and why you are deserving of this scholarship
All application materials must be received by November 2, 2018.
Society of Louisiana CPAs
C/O Shannon Kelly
2400 Veterans Memorial Blvd., Suite 500
Kenner, LA 70062