Connecticut Rising Sophomore Accounting Scholarship
Number of Recipients: 4
Open Date: Feb 01, 2021
Close Date: Mar 29, 2021
Close Time: 11:59 a.m.
The Accounting Scholarship Foundation of the Connecticut Society of CPAs (CTCPA) has established this scholarship to help Connecticut accounting majors who are entering into their sophomore year of study at a four-year college or university in finance their education. The Accounting Scholarship Foundation will offer a maximum of four individual scholarships of $1,500 each to the selected recipients.
All applicants must submit a completed application to the Accounting Scholarship Foundation by Monday, March 29, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Incomplete applications will not be accepted for review. A student may save the application and make changes up to Monday, March 29, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Once the applicant clicks the “submit application” button, no further changes can be made.
Applications will be reviewed by the Accounting Scholarship Foundation's Trustees and, applicants may expect to be notified by early May 2021 as to whether they will be awarded one of these scholarships. The Rising Sophomore scholarship will be judged on factors including academic achievement, work, volunteer and leadership activities, the submitted essay, and overall presentation of self and demonstrated commitment to the accounting profession.
The scholarship will be paid via check payable directly to the selected recipient. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be required to attend a virtual awards ceremony on Thursday, May 27 at 6:00 p.m. to be recognized for your achievement. More details to follow.
- Applicant must currently be a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in an accounting program at a four-year college or university. Applicant must also be (a) a Connecticut resident and/or (b) attending a four-year accredited college or university that is located in Connecticut.
- Applicant must currently be a freshman in college (freshman standing classification), who will be entering his/her sophomore year of college in the semester following the one in which this application is submitted.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Applicant must be a CTCPA Student Member. Student Membership is free; join CTCPA at www.ctcpas.org/join.
- Applicant must have an overall GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher.
- Applicant must intend to declare accounting as your college major, obtain a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, and pursue CPA licensure.
Please note: Past recipients of the Rising Sophomore scholarship are not eligible to apply, however, may be eligible for other scholarships offered. Applicants are encouraged to review eligibility criteria at https://ctcpas.org/content/27502/aspx
Email Alicia Strong at email@example.com if you have any questions about the Connecticut Rising Sophomore Accounting Scholarship.