Connecticut Rising Senior Accounting Scholarship
Number of Recipients: 1
Open Date: Feb 01, 2021
Close Date: Mar 29, 2021
Close Time: 11:59 a.m.
The Accounting Scholarship Foundation of the Connecticut Society of CPAs (CTCPA) has established this scholarship to help Connecticut accounting majors who are entering into their senior year of study at a four-year college or university in finance their education. One scholarship of $5,000 will be offered by the Accounting Scholarship Foundation to the selected recipient.
All applicants must submit a completed application to the Accounting Scholarship Foundation by Monday, March 29, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Incomplete applications will not be accepted for review.
A student may save the application and make changes up to Monday, March 29, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Once the applicant clicks the “submit application” button, no further changes can be made.
Applications will be reviewed by the Accounting Scholarship Foundation's Trustees and, applicants may expect to be notified by early May 2021 as to whether they will be awarded one of these scholarships. The Rising Senior scholarship will be judged on factors including academic achievement, work, volunteer and leadership activities, the submitted essay, and overall presentation of self and demonstrated commitment to the accounting profession.
The scholarship will be paid via check payable directly to the selected recipient. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be required to attend a virtual awards ceremony on Thursday, May 27 at 6:00 p.m. to be recognized for your achievement. More details to follow.
- Applicant must currently be a full-time undergraduate, declared accounting major enrolled in an accounting program at a four-year college or university. Applicants must also be (a) a Connecticut resident and/or (b) attending a four-year accredited college or university that is located in Connecticut.
- Applicant must currently be a junior in college (junior standing classification), who will be entering his/her senior year of college in the semester following the one in which this application is submitted.
- Applicants must have at least twelve (12) credits in accounting coursework completed by the end of the current semester.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Applicant must be a CTCPA Student Member. Student Membership is free, join CTCPA at www.ctcpas.org/join
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher.
- Applicants must intend to graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and pursue CPA licensure.
Please note: Past recipients of the Rising Senior Scholarship are not eligible to apply; however, they may be eligible for other scholarships offered. Applicants are encouraged to review eligibility criteria provided at https://ctcpas.org/content/27502.aspx .
Email Alicia Strong at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the Connecticut Rising Senior Scholarship.