CTCPA Candidate’s Scholarship
Number of Recipients: 1
Open Date: Feb 12, 2020
Close Date: Apr 01, 2020
Close Time: 11:59 p.m.
The Accounting Scholarship Foundation of the Connecticut Society of CPAs (CTCPA) has established this annual award to assist candidates in satisfying Connecticut's 150-hour educational requirement for CPA certification. The Accounting Scholarship Foundation will be providing one award of $5,000 to the selected scholarship recipient.
All applicants must submit a completed application to the Accounting Scholarship Foundation by Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Incomplete applications will not be accepted for review by the Accounting Scholarship Foundation.
A student may save his/her application and make changes up to Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Once the applicant clicks the “submit application” button, no further changes can be made.
Applications will be reviewed by the Trustees of the Accounting Scholarship Foundation and applicants may expect to be notified by early May 2020 as to whether they will be awarded one of the Accounting Scholarship Foundation Scholarships. The Candidate’s Scholarship will be judged on factors including academic achievement, work, volunteer and leadership activities, the submitted essay, and overall presentation of self and demonstrated commitment to the accounting profession.
The award will be paid via check made payable directly to the selected student. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be required to attend an awards ceremony (presently scheduled for May 28th) to receive your scholarship (details to follow).
- Applicant must have completed or will complete the minimum educational requirements necessary to sit for the CPA Exam by the end of the current semester;
- Applicant must be currently enrolled or will be enrolling in an institution of higher learning by the Fall of 2020, that will satisfy the 150-hour requirement of the Connecticut State Board of Accountancy for CPA certification;
- Applicant must (a) currently be a resident of the state of Connecticut and/or (b) currently be employed or have accepted an offer of employment at a firm, company, or agency located in Connecticut;
- Applicant must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale)*;
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States;
- Applicant must be a CTCPA Student Member. Student Membership is free, join CTCPA at www.ctcpas.org/join
- Applicant must intend to obtain Connecticut CPA licensure.
Please note: Applicants must meet criteria stated above at the time application is received. Previous recipients of this scholarship are not eligible to apply.
Email Cindy Panioto at email@example.com if you have any questions about the CTCPA / Accounting Scholarship Foundation Candidate's Scholarship.