Children of CTCPA Members Scholarship
Open Date: Feb 12, 2020
Close Date: Apr 01, 2020
Close Time: 11:59 p.m.
The Accounting Scholarship Foundation of the Connecticut Society of CPAs (CTCPA) has established this scholarship to assist students majoring in accounting who have a parent holding membership in the CTCPA. The Accounting Scholarship Foundation will be providing cash awards of $500 each to selected scholarship recipients.
All applicants must submit a completed application to the Accounting Scholarship Foundation by Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Incomplete applications will not be accepted for review by the Accounting Scholarship Foundation.
A student may save his/her application and make changes up to Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Once the applicant clicks the "submit application" button, no further changes can be made.
Applications will be reviewed by the Trustees of the Accounting Scholarship Foundation and applicants may expect to be notified by early May 2020 as to whether they will be awarded one of these scholarships. The scholarships will be paid via check payable directly to the selected recipient. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be required to attend an awards ceremony (presently scheduled for May 28th) to receive your scholarship (details to follow).
- Applicant must be the child of a CTCPA member in good standing;
- Applicant must be a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in an accounting program at an accredited four-year college or university leading to qualification to sit for the CPA Exam. Applicant must be a (a) Connecticut resident and/or (b) attending a four-year accredited college or university that is located in Connecticut;
- Applicant must currently be a junior or senior in college (junior or senior standing classification) majoring in Accounting.
- Applicant must have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above, and an accounting GPA of 3.0 or above;
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.; and
- Applicant must be a CTCPA Student Member. Student membership is free, join at www.ctcpas.org/join
- Applicants mus meet the criteria above at time of application deadline.
Please note: Past recipients of the Children of CTCPA Members Scholarship are not eligible to apply; however, they may be eligible for other scholarships offered. Applicants are encouraged to review eligibility criteria provided here.
Email Cindy Panioto at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the Children of CTCPA Members Scholarship