Children of CTCPA Members Scholarship
Number of Recipients: 1
Open Date: Feb 01, 2021
Close Date: Mar 29, 2021
Close Time: 11:59 p.m.
The Accounting Scholarship Foundation of the Connecticut Society of CPAs (CTCPA) has established this scholarship to assist students majoring in accounting who have a parent holding membership in the CTCPA. The Accounting Scholarship Foundation will be providing awards of $500 each to selected scholarship recipients.
All applicants must submit a completed application to the Accounting Scholarship Foundation by Monday, March 29, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Incomplete applications will not be accepted for review by the Accounting Scholarship Foundation. A student may save his/her application and make changes up to Monday, March 29, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Once the applicant clicks the “submit application” button, no further changes can be made.
Applications will be reviewed by the Accounting Scholarship Foundation's Trustees and, applicants may expect to be notified by early May 2021 as to whether they will be awarded one of these scholarships. The scholarship will be paid via check made payable directly to the selected recipient. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be required to attend a virtual awards ceremony on Thursday, May 27 at 6:00 p.m. to be recognized for your achievement. More details to follow.
- Applicant must be the child of a CTCPA member in good standing;
- Applicant must be a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in an accounting program at an accredited four-year college or university leading to qualification to sit for the CPA Exam.
- Applicant must be a (a) Connecticut resident and/or (b) attending a four-year accredited college or university that is located in Connecticut;
- Applicant must currently be a junior or senior in college (junior or senior standing classification) majoring in Accounting;
- Applicant must have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above and an accounting GPA of 3.0 or above;
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.; and
- Applicant must be a CTCPA Student Member. Student membership is free, join at www.ctcpas.org/join.
Please note: Past recipients of the Children of CTCPA Members Scholarship are not eligible to apply; however, they may be eligible for other scholarships offered. Applicants are encouraged to review eligibility criteria provided at https://ctcpas.org/content/27502.aspx .
Email Alicia Strong at email@example.com if you have any questions about the Children of CTCPA Members Scholarship