AICPA Foundation Scholarship for Future CPAs
Number of Recipients: 25
Sponsor: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Open Date: Dec 01, 2019
Close Date: Mar 01, 2020
Close Time: 3 p.m.
The AICPA Foundation Scholarship for Future CPAs is part of the AICPA Legacy Scholars program. Students interested in being considered for more than one AICPA Legacy Scholarship need to complete only one application — applicants will be evaluated for all awards for which they are eligible in the program.
This award provides financial assistance to outstanding students to encourage their pursuit of accounting as a major and their ultimate entry into the profession.
Scholarship payments are sent directly to the student’s financial aid office to be used towards payment of tuition and expenses directly related to obtaining a degree. This award is non-renewable and past recipients may not re-apply.
This award was established to support undergraduate or graduate students interested in pursuing the CPA license after graduation.
An eligible applicant must be/have:
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate-level degree in accounting or an accounting-related major. (Accounting-related shall be as determined by Sponsors in Sponsors’ sole discretion.)
- Planning to pursue the CPA licensure but not presently be a CPA.
- Attending a public or private, not-for-profit (501(c)) four-year college or university in the U.S. or territories for the full 2020-21 academic year.
- Completed at least 30 semester hours (or equivalent) of college coursework, including at least 6 semester hours (or equivalent) in accounting, by end of spring 2020.
- Maintaining an overall and major GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate (12 semester hours or equivalent) or a full-time graduate level student (9 semester hours or equivalent) for the 2020-21 academic year. (Note: an exception may be granted if you plan to participate in an internship)
- An AICPA Student Affiliate member (or have submitted a new member application). Apply online at no cost: https://thiswaytocpa.com/join-aicpa/.
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).
- Some financial need (i.e., not receiving a full or partial scholarship(s) and/or grant(s) that cover and/or exceed one’s educational expenses).
- Enrolled in a business and/or accounting program that is regionally,
nationally or internationally accredited for the full 2020-21 academic
year. The program must be accepted by the state board of accountancy as
meeting the educational requirements necessary for CPA licensure in the
state you intend to become licensed OR in the state where your program
- Please visit ThisWayToCPA’s State & Territory Requirements or contact your state board of accountancy to confirm if your program meets the educational requirements necessary for CPA licensure.
- Willingness to remain engaged with the AICPA and to provide feedback for the development of this and other programs by the Association.
Note: AICPA, CIMA and their family members are not eligible to receive this scholarship.