AWSCPA Scholarship Award
Number of Recipients: 8
Sponsor: The AICPA Foundation and the AICPA’s Women’s Initiatives Executive Committee.
Open Date: Dec 01, 2022
Close Date: Mar 15, 2023
Close Time: 11:59 p.m.
To apply, make sure you’re logged in with your AICPA student affiliate membership credentials.
The AWSCPA Scholarship Award is part of the AICPA Legacy Scholarships. Students interested in being considered for more than one AICPA Legacy Scholarships need to complete only one application — applicants will be evaluated for all awards for which they are eligible in the program. All applications must be completed and submitted by the deadline to be considered.
This award provides financial assistance to outstanding women undergraduate or graduate students majoring in accounting or an accounting-related field.
Scholarship payments are sent directly to the student’s financial aid office to be used towards payment of tuition and expenses directly related to obtaining a degree. This award is non-renewable and past recipients may not re-apply.
All eligible applicants must be/have:
- A woman pursuing an undergraduate or graduate-level degree in an accounting or accounting-related major (Accounting-related shall be as determined by Sponsors in Sponsor’s sole discretion).
- Planning to pursue the CPA licensure but not presently be a CPA.
- Completed at least 30 semester hours (or equivalent) of college coursework, including at least 6 semester hours (or equivalent) in accounting, by end of spring 2023.
- Maintaining an overall and major GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate (12 semester hours or equivalent per semester) or a full-time graduate level student (9 semester hours or equivalent per semester) for the 2023-24 academic year (Note: an exception may be granted if you plan to participate in an internship or if you are graduating upon completion of fall 2023).
- An AICPA Student Affiliate member (or have submitted a new member application). Apply online at no cost: https://thiswaytocpa.com/join-aicpa/.
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).
- Some financial need (i.e., not receiving a full or partial scholarship(s) and/or grant(s) that cover and/or exceed one’s educational expenses).
- Enrolled in a business and/or accounting program that
is regionally, nationally or internationally accredited for the
2023-24 academic year. The program must be accepted by the state board of
accountancy as meeting the educational requirements necessary for CPA
licensure in the state you intend to become licensed OR in the state where
your program is located.
- Please visit ThisWayToCPA’s State & Territory Requirements or contact your state board of accountancy to confirm if your program meets the educational requirements necessary for CPA licensure.
- Willingness to remain engaged with the AICPA and to provide feedback for the development of this and other programs by the Association.
Note: The Association staff and their family members are not eligible to receive this scholarship.